September 2, 2011

Apex Gear UPDATE: Finally get my sight back

January 2011: I have an Apex Gear Rover Series lighted sight (single pin) and have some serious issues. Out of the box, the sight worked flawlessly. No complaints. Then, the fiber optic thread cracked, and stopped pushing light to the end of the line. After trimming the break and resetting the line into the sight, it just doesn't push any light back into the sight, however, the opposite end of the line is glowing brightly.

Apex Gear Rover Series
I finally got my sight back from Apex Gear/Tru Glo, and it seems to be working fine ... as it should since that's why I bought it.

I assume the customer service folks over there didn't want to muddy the waters any more than they were, and simply took my shipment, fixed the sight and returned it with no questions, no comments ... nothing.

In most cases, this would be fine, but I feel slighted by this company. I know I'm speck on the pile ... but, come on! Try to keep your customers happy with a little word of encouragement. ;)

It's shooting fine, and I haven't had any further issues with the fiber breaking or coming out of the sleeve. It's the field test I'm afraid of ...

I break this puppy out for real on October 1 at the Armadillo Ranch to see if the sights holds together until then.

No comments: