October 13, 2010

'07 Pearson Python still proves worth

The 2010 hunting season started as expected ... hot and quiet.

But, I was able to upgrade from my old PSE Polaris (and Damon Howatt recurve) to a 2007 Pearson Python, and I'm very impressed.

Lightweight, even with all the goodies sent my way by manufacturers, and compact. It's perfect for hunting from a climbing stand (Summit Viper SS). The bow came in Mossy Oak camouflage with a matte finish that looks and feels outstanding.  The Python’s cams are large, and allows for 75 letoff ... plenty to hold on a walking deer for at least a minute or two. :)

I really like this bow, and may consider keeping it after this review if I can't find anything lighter.

No shots at time of this publication, but it's looking better each day.

Here's my setup ...

The equipment:
  • 2007 Pearson Python
  • 70#, 31" draw 
  • Apex Gear Sight 1-Pin with Light
  • Whisker Biscuit Deluxe
  • Limbr Ultra Quad Vibration Dampener 
  • G5 Outdoors MAG-LOC Compact 5-Arrow Quiver
  • Unique Archery Camo Braided Wrist Sling 
  • 31" Easton ST Epic N-Fused Carbon Arrows
  • G5 T3 Hunting Broadheads - 100 gr
Acorns are still my key this season in the early weeks. Plenty of pin oak (red oak) acorns on the ground, along with those big-@$$ sawtooths ... waiting on good drops from the white oaks.

Through necessity, most hunters, including myself, are having to find watering areas to hunt, too, since here in Mississippi, we facing one of the worst droughts the state has seen in 60 years. It's terrible.

Send us some rain, please. ;)

No comments: